92% Approval ratings for Bolton Council’s marketing and communications department
Bolton Council’s marketing and communications department implemented a new way of working in 2012 to create the capacity to fulfil their growing workload while their workforce was cut from 41 to 23 staff. Using Panacea Software to automate many of their work processes and to create a simple, transparent, shared workflow, the team managed an increased volume of work.
Their new infrastructure allowed the team to use their skills and expertise to best effect, and 92% of their clients rated their service as good/excellent:
Significant budget cuts left the marketing and communications department almost halved in size, managing an increasing volume of work, including:
- all the council’s marketing campaigns, statutory communications and press activity
- many large-scale events: Olympic Torch Relay and Evening Celebration, the Food and Drink Festival, Ironman UK, Sky Ride, Festive Bolton, Love Your Local Market Fortnight and more
- tendering for a new framework contract for creative, print and digital services
- embracing additional responsibility for Public Health communications.
- With too few staff to support the former dedicated account manager structure, responsibility for all work had to be shared by the whole team. Transparent workflow, accurate management data and a robust audit trail have proved essential to this new structure.
- Automation of administration, planning, estimating, project management and reporting allowed the smaller team enough time and capacity to continue to deliver a valuable service for the council.