Islington Council's communications department reduced costs by £314K
In 2012-13, Islington Council’s communications team piloted a new sole supplier arrangement with Camden Council’s design team. This replaced their previous EU design framework arrangement and an in-house team of three designers. In the same year, the design and print budget was centralised and the old system of internal recharging abolished.
Key targets for this project were:
- to keep to a design budget which was 82% lower than had been spent with framework suppliers in 2010-11
- to tighten financial monitoring and strengthen financial accountability
- to improve control of Islington’s corporate brand.
To meet these targets, the communications team introduced Panacea Software and, in doing so, was able to:
- establish a simple, transparent workflow for all design and print activity
- create an efficient, linked process to streamline the shared design service with Camden Council
- allow colleagues to 'self-serve' and create standard materials using branded artwork templates
- provide tighter financial monitoring and a clear overview of all corporate design and print activity and expenditure
- improve monitoring and evaluation of their performance.